Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 8 - Saturday 6/14/2008 (Flag Day)

Overcast, chilly.

Well, it seems to be all or nothing for the good ship Sand Dollar. Stuck in a little wedge of the Pacific High, we have lost our wind. Ken raises our spinnaker, a big parachute - light air - sail, to try and catch what little breeze remains.


Taking advantage of the quieter conditions, I decide to dig out the shampoo. Having lived in the same pony tail I put it in nine days ago, my hair is decidedly FUBAR. We sit in the cockpit, and Ken hauls up buckets of sea water for me. I dunk my head in the bucket and lather up. Two more bucket dunks to rinse, then I smoosh in some conditioner and bucket dunk again to rinse that. Last is a freshwater rinse from our solar shower. This is a 5-gallon bag with a hose and nozzle that lives on deck to get warm in the sun. It then takes 45-minutes to carefully comb out the snarls, but I feel so much better afterward.


No comments:

Post a Comment